Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Resolutions for 2016 and I’m going resolve to finally read these books this year. Although, to be honest, every time I announce my intent to read something, it’s like I jinx it. I’m going to try so so so hard to actually get to these.
2. Asunder and Infinite by Jodi Meadows — I read and loved Incarnate, but knew that I was going to wait for the trilogy to end before I continued. When I finally got my greedy hands on book 3, I never went back to them. Now it’s been so long since I’ve read book 1, I know I’ll have to reread it before I can continue. But yay for binging!
3. How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo — I know so many people who have read and loved this book. Like it’s their favorite book ever. I’ve even peeked and read the ending to see if there’s a HEA. I don’t know why I haven’t gotten around to it, but maybe 2016 is my year for it.
4. The Magicians series by Lev Grossman — I heard about this when Michelle Hodkin talked about it and she said it was like Harry Potter for adults. That pretty much sold it for me. Now it’s going to be a tv show and I can’t decide if I want to read it before the show airs or after.
5. Eternity by Elizabeth Miles — I will be completely honest and say that I don’t remember the majority of what happened in the previous books. What I do remember is the wicked ending of book 2 and how I couldn’t wait to see how it all ended. Annnnnnnnnnd then I never got book 3 when it came out.
6. Winger by Andrew Smith — Another book I’ve had in my TBR since it came out and I’ve just never picked it up.
7. The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown — I’ve heard all sorts of good things about this series, but I haven’t read any of them. Hopefully when the last book comes out, I’ll binge.
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky — I’m almost afraid of reading this because of all the hype.
10. Unraveled by Gennifer Albin — I really need to see how this series ends.
I could have easily listed 10 more, even with my cheating. I’m going to try to read more of the books that are taking over my apartment. I’ve gotten so used to reading on my kindle, it’s time to clear some space
for more books.
Did you make any bookish resolutions for 2016?