Here we are for day two of the Top 10 of 2016!
Today’s topic is: Best Book Covers of 2016. The stipulation to this one was that it had to be released in 2016 and preferred to be read in 2016.
1. The Secret Ingredient of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell — You had me at pie, but coupled with that font and the bokeh background and I’m sold.
2. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman — Simple and perfect.
3. The Season of You and Me by Robin Constantine — I have loved all of Robin’s covers, but the beach and the coloring is perfect.
4. This is Our Story by Ashley Elston — I love the shadows and the deer head in place of one person’s head and different font colors in the title to tell two different things.
5. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke — I mean, yeah.
6. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski — I have never really been insanely upset about a cover change, but when it came out that the HC would be redesigned, I was quite disappointed. I’m so so so happy they kept the original design because THAT DRESS.
7. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff — I love both the US and the UK cover, but I’m a bit more in love with the UK cover. Because birds.
8. A Million Worlds with You by Claudia Gray — All three of the covers for this series have been gorgeous and I just absolutely love the coloring and the places they chose to show.
9. Glitter by Aprilynne Pike — I’m not usually a fan of the entire cover being a person’s face, but I love how this combines the make-up and Marie Antoinette features of the story.
10. This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills — I’m currently obsessed with the paint mixing videos on instagram and this cover just reminds me of them. Plus those colors are gorgeous.
This topic was fairly easy. I do have a “cover lust” shelf on Goodreads, so I just went there to see what I had read in 2016. Now, go forth and enter the giveaway! Contest is international, book will be coming from TBD, and additional rules are here.